So you're ready to pop the big question!
A Hot Air Balloon proposal is a magical experience, mark this once in a lifetime moment with something truly special.
We have plenty of experience in hosting hot air balloon proposals and happy to say all our passengers have said YES!
Fly Away Ballooning offer romantic Hot Air Balloon Proposal Packages for a truly unique engagement.
All our Private hot air balloon rides include a photography package, we will record the moment on our gopro rig so you can relax and enjoy your flight. Also included is our signature G&T flight tipple, if you would prefer champagne or something else please contact us and we can arrange.
You can choose to keep the flight a secret from your partner, just arrive at the arranged location and we will have the balloon stood up in all its glory ready for you to pop the question with this amazing backdrop. Then it’s time for you to jump in the basket for your celebration flight!
How do you propose in the air? Discreetly let the pilot know you are ready to get on one knee and he will let you know if it’s a good time (we need to ‘burn’ during flight which can be quite noisy and could spoil your moment) if it’s a good time the pilot will simply give you a signal to go ahead. Now is your moment and the pilot will look away allowing you privacy. Just contact us beforehand if you want to propose in the air.
Finally you may wish to propose after your flight, once safely landed you can get out of the basket and ask the most important question of your life! If it’s sunrise it will be nice and bright or if it’s a sunset flight it will be at peak colour and on its way to dusk.
However you choose to propose, a hot air balloon ride is romantic. We are open to ideas and happy to accommodate any requests that you have.
Here are some flight reviews from our newly engaged couples!
Chris, Hot Air Balloon Proposal Somerset
“Wow, well what can I say... from the minute I contacted Hugo about the private flight, Hugo was attentive to what I wanted, quick to reply and so methodical in everything. The flight itself was one of the best and most memorable experiences of my life. The flight was incredible to say the least. Only made better by how at ease we were with Hugo’s professionalism, dedication to his craft and love of flying.”
Richard, Hot Air Balloon Proposal Bristol
“Amazing from start to finish. Hugo and the team made our engagement that extra bit special with a beautiful exclusive flight over Bristol. Could not recommend FAB enough. If you want a balloon ride these are the guys to use.”
George, Hot Air Balloon Post-Engagement Flight Bristol
I booked a private balloon ride over Bristol as a post engagement celebration and was not disappointed! From the set up to the flight and landing it was all such a special experience! Hugo and his team are pros and kept things fun, safe and running so, so smoothly. Couldn’t recommend them enough!
Here’s how to book your Proposal balloon flight with Fly Away Ballooning
- Firstly you will want to book a Private Hot Air Balloon ride. Go on our website and select Private flight, you can then choose your location; Somerset, Devon, Dorset, Bristol or Bath.
- Select the date you want to fly and the number of people for your flight (we are guessing 2 but you never know) and finally select from a morning or evening experience. Both are fantastically romantic, taking place at either just after sunrise or before sunset.
- Add to cart, all correspondence will be sent to this email address and phone number. Please enter yours and your guests details, including your weights, this is important information we need to fly you.
- Continue to checkout, here there is an option to add a refund guarantee. Finally an ‘Additional Notes’ box, is where you can advise us if it’s for a proposal and any other specific flight requests. For example we can supply champagne if you would prefer instead of G&Ts.
- You have booked and you will receive an email and text confirming your flight! Please contact Fly Away Ballooning by phone or email if you would like to discuss any specifics for your flight. The Day before (16.00pm) your pilot will contact you with a weather update and to confirm the meeting time and location.
Can you get married in a hot air balloon?
Unfortunately UK legislation still doesn’t allow you to be legally married during a hot air balloon flight. If this ever changes we would love to be the first to do so! We do however offer hot air balloon hire for weddings. Tethered to the ground we can offer your guests the experience of going up and down in the balloon, they also look beautiful whilst aglow.